About This Tool:
The “Sort Text Lines by Length” tool is a handy online tool that allows you to sort lines of text based on their length. You can easily organize your text from longest to shortest or shortest to longest with just a click of a button. It also provides options to remove empty lines and duplicate lines. Simplify your text sorting tasks with this user-friendly tool.
How to use:
- Input your text lines in the provided text area.
- Click the “Sort Longest to Shortest” button to arrange the lines from the longest to the shortest based on their length.
- Alternatively, click the “Sort Shortest to Longest” button to sort the lines from the shortest to the longest.
- To remove empty lines, check the “Remove Empty Lines” checkbox.
- If needed, check the “Remove Duplicate Lines” checkbox to eliminate any duplicate lines.
- The sorted and modified text will be displayed in the output text area.
- You can copy the result to the clipboard by clicking the “Copy Result to Clipboard” button.
- Use the “Download Result as Text File” button to download the result as a text file if desired.
Q: Can I sort the text lines in both ascending and descending order?
A: Yes, you can sort the text lines from longest to shortest or shortest to longest using the respective buttons provided.
Q: Will this tool remove duplicate lines automatically?
A: No, the tool does not automatically remove duplicate lines. However, you can enable the “Remove Duplicate Lines” checkbox to eliminate duplicate lines from the input text.
Q: Can I remove empty lines from my text?
A: Yes, you have the option to remove empty lines by checking the “Remove Empty Lines” checkbox. This will eliminate any lines that do not contain any text or spaces.
Q: Is this tool free to use?
A: Yes, the “Sort Text Lines by Length” tool is completely free to use. There are no hidden charges or subscriptions required.
Q: Can I copy the sorted result to the clipboard?
A: Absolutely! You can easily copy the sorted text lines by clicking the “Copy Result to Clipboard” button. This allows you to paste the result wherever you need it.
Q: Is it possible to download the sorted result as a text file?
A: Yes, you can download the sorted result as a text file by clicking the “Download Result as Text File” button. This enables you to save the output for future reference or use it in other applications.