Are you tired of typing on a traditional keyboard that leaves your wrists and hands feeling strained and uncomfortable? In the world of technology, where efficiency and comfort are key, ergonomic keyboards have become a game-changer.
Like a gentle wave guiding you through the sea of tasks, these keyboards are designed to provide you with the utmost support and comfort while you work. In 2023, the best ergonomic keyboards have arrived, offering a wide range of options to cater to your specific needs.
From the Logitech ERGO K860, with its plush wrist rest and wave-like shape, to the budget-friendly Logitech K350, there is a keyboard for every budget and preference. Whether you’re a casual user or an enthusiast, the article will guide you through the top picks, providing you with detailed information and recommendations.
So, dive into the world of ergonomic keyboards and experience a new level of productivity and comfort.
Table of Contents
- Best Ergonomic Keyboards
- #1 Microsoft 5KV-00001
- #2 Logitech ERGO K860 Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard
- #3 KINESIS Gaming Freestyle Edge RGB Split Mechanical Keyboard
- #4 Kensington Pro Fit Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard – Black (K75401US)
- #5 Logitech K350 Wave Ergonomic Keyboard
- #6 KINESIS Freestyle2 USB-C Ergonomic Keyboard
- #7 Microsoft 3RA-00022 Surface Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard
- Factors to consider when buying an Ergonomic Keyboards
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the different types of ergonomic keyboards available?
- How do ergonomic keyboards improve typing experience and reduce repetitive strain injuries?
- Are there any drawbacks or challenges in getting used to ergonomic keyboards?
- What are some recommended ergonomic keyboards for Mac users?
- Where can I purchase ergonomic keyboards and what are the price ranges?
Best Ergonomic Keyboards
- If you’re in the market for the best ergonomic keyboards in 2023, there are a few standout options to consider.
- The Microsoft 5KV-00001 is widely recognized as one of the best on the market, with its clean design, easy connectivity, and extensive battery life.
- Another top pick is the Logitech ERGO K860 Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard, which is highly recommended for business use. It has an ergonomic design and long battery life.
- For gamers, the KINESIS Gaming Freestyle Edge RGB Split Mechanical Keyboard is a customizable option that offers a premium typing experience.
- If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, the Kensington Pro Fit Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard and the Logitech K350 Wave Ergonomic Keyboard are both solid choices.
#1 Microsoft 5KV-00001
The Microsoft 5KV-00001 keyboard is a top contender in the world of ergonomic keyboards. It offers a split keyset design, a cushioned palm rest, and a natural arc key layout for ultimate comfort and productivity.
With its advanced ergonomic principles, this keyboard is built to provide a comfortable typing experience while promoting a natural and relaxed position for your wrists and forearms. The cushioned palm rest supports your wrists and promotes a neutral wrist position, reducing the risk of strain or discomfort.
The natural arc key layout mimics the curved shape of your fingertips, allowing for a more intuitive and comfortable typing experience. Additionally, the separate number pad provides greater flexibility for your workspace setup.
- Wireless Type: 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency
- Size: 9 x 16 x 2.48 inches
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Batteries: 3 Lithium Ion batteries required. (included)
- Split keyset design promotes a natural and relaxed position for wrists and forearms
- Cushioned palm rest provides support and promotes a neutral wrist position
- Natural arc key layout mimics the curved shape of fingertips for comfortable typing
- Separate number pad allows for greater flexibility in workspace setup
- Wireless connectivity with a strong signal
- The battery life is unknown
- The detached num pad may be a point of contention for some users
- Uses a dongle for wireless connection instead of Bluetooth.
#2 Logitech ERGO K860 Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard
Get ready to experience a whole new level of comfort and support with the Logitech ERGO K860 – because who needs good posture anyway? This wireless ergonomic keyboard is designed to improve your typing posture and reduce muscle strain.
The curved, split keyframe helps to alleviate pressure on your wrists and forearms, while the pillowed wrist rest with a memory foam layer offers 54% more wrist support and 25% less wrist bending. The keys are perfectly scooped to match the shape of your fingertips, ensuring comfortable and confident typing. Plus, with adjustable tilt legs and an ergonomist-approved design, you can find the perfect typing angle for your natural posture.
- Wireless range: 10 m (33-ft)
- Improved Typing Posture
- Pillowed Wrist Rest
- Perfect Stroke Keys
- Adjustable Palm Lift
- Ergonomist Approved
- Familiar Features
- Technical Details
- Reduces muscle strain
- Comfortable and confident typing experience
- Adjustable tilt legs for natural typing posture
- Ergonomist approved design
- Full-size layout with customizable Fn key use
- Batteries required
- Limited color options
- May take time to adjust to split keyframe layout
#3 KINESIS Gaming Freestyle Edge RGB Split Mechanical Keyboard
Experience the ultimate gaming and typing comfort with the KINESIS Gaming Freestyle Edge RGB Split Mechanical Keyboard. This keyboard is designed with an ergonomic split layout, allowing you to adjust the positioning of the modules to fit your needs.
Move the right module for improved endurance and precise aim during gaming sessions. You can also rotate the left module for optimal key coverage or to fit into tight spaces. The modules can be split up to 20 inches apart, making it easy to access accessories, or you can separate them to shoulder-width for a more ergonomic typing posture.
The KINESIS Gaming Freestyle Edge features 100% mechanical switches, specifically Cherry MX Red mechanical switches, which provide a low-force, linear feel for professional-grade responsiveness. These switches are incredibly durable, with a lifespan of 50 million clicks.
One of the standout features of this keyboard is its immersive RGB lighting. With 16.8 million color per-key RGB backlighting, you can customize the lighting to create a unique look. There are 10 customizable lighting effects to choose from, including wave, spectrum, rebound, pulse, and rain. If you’re looking for even more lighting options, you can purchase the lighting expansion pack 1, which offers dual layer lighting and two-tone effects.
Customization is a key aspect of the KINESIS Gaming Freestyle Edge. It comes with the SmartSet programming engine, which allows you to fully program all 95 keys. There is a dedicated SmartSet key for on-the-fly remaps and macros, and you can use the SmartSet app for special actions and lighting effects. The keyboard also has 9 available profiles with dual layers, powerful macros, and quick remaps.
In terms of gaming features, the KINESIS Gaming Freestyle Edge does not disappoint. It has 9 game keys, a 1ms response time, NKRO (N-Key Rollover), and a game mode. It also has 4MB onboard memory to save profiles and settings directly on the keyboard.
In terms of compatibility, this keyboard is 100% plug-and-play compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome.
- Ergonomic split design for typing and gaming
- Genuine Cherry MX Red mechanical switches
- 16.8M color per-key RGB backlighting
- SmartSet programming engine for customization
- 9 game keys, 1ms response time, NKRO, game mode, and more
- Profiles and settings save to the keyboard’s 4MB onboard memory
- 100% plug-and-play compatibility with Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome
- Adjustable split layout for personalized comfort
- Durable mechanical switches with a lifespan of 50 million clicks
- Immersive RGB lighting with customizable effects
- SmartSet programming engine for full customization
- Gaming features like game keys and fast response time
- Plug-and-play compatibility with multiple operating systems
- May take some time to get used to the split layout
- RGB lighting customization may be overwhelming for some
- Higher price point compared to other keyboards on the market
#4 Kensington Pro Fit Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard – Black (K75401US)
Enjoy the comfort and convenience of the Kensington Pro Fit Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard, designed to enhance your typing experience with its split and sloped design. This keyboard not only provides a comfortable and neutral alignment for your wrists, but it also features adjustable reverse tilt and a built-in wrist rest, making it ergonomist-approved.
The quiet keys ensure smooth and non-disruptive typing, while the spill-proof design allows for easy cleanup and resistance to breakdown.
The Kensington Pro Fit Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard offers dual wireless connectivity, with both 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth 4.0 LE options, giving you flexibility in how you connect to your device. The 128-bit AES encryption ensures secure and reliable wireless communication. Additionally, the keyboard features a three-mode power-saving switch, maximizing battery life.
This keyboard also includes convenient f-keys for shortcuts, caps lock, numbers lock, and scroll lock. It is compatible with Chrome OS, macOS, and Windows operating systems, making it versatile for different devices. The keyboard comes with a replaceable receiver, and it weighs just 2.2 pounds, making it lightweight and portable.
- Split and sloped keyboard with adjustable reverse tilt
- Dual wireless (2.4 GHz and Bluetooth 4.0 LE) with 128-bit AES encryption
- Quiet keys and spill-proof design
- Three-mode power-saving switch
- Ergonomist-approved design with built-in wrist rest
- Features f-keys for shortcuts, caps lock, numbers lock, and scroll lock
- Compatible with Chrome OS, macOS, and Windows operating systems
- Weighs 2.2 pounds and has dimensions of 9.92 x 18.98 x 1.5 inches
- Requires 2 AAA batteries
- Split and sloped design for comfort and neutral alignment
- Dual wireless connectivity with encryption
- Quiet and spill-proof keys
- Three-mode power-saving switch for battery life optimization
- Ergonomist-approved design with built-in wrist rest
- Compatible with multiple operating systems
- Requires 2 AAA batteries (included)
- May not be suitable for those who prefer a traditional keyboard layout
- Limited color options available
#5 Logitech K350 Wave Ergonomic Keyboard
The Logitech K350 Wave Ergonomic Keyboard revolutionizes typing comfort with its innovative wave design and precise key switches. This keyboard is designed to guide your hands into the right position, providing a more ergonomic typing experience.
With its cushioned palm rest, you can enjoy hours of comfortable typing without any wrist pain. The K350 also offers a longer battery life of up to three years, so you don’t have to worry about constantly changing batteries. Its Logitech Unifying receiver allows for easy connection with other compatible wireless devices, making it a convenient addition to your workspace.
- Wave design with Constant Curve layout
- Cushioned palm rest
- Longer battery life of up to three years
- Logitech Unifying receiver
- Product Dimensions: 18.9 x 2.9 x 9.9 inches
- Item Weight: 3.05 pounds
- ASIN: B002MMY4WY
- Item model number: 920-001996
- Ergonomic wave design for comfortable typing
- Cushioned palm rest for added comfort
- Long battery life
- Easy connection with other wireless devices
- Not mentioned in the background information
#6 KINESIS Freestyle2 USB-C Ergonomic Keyboard
Now that we’ve discussed the Logitech K350 Wave Ergonomic Keyboard, let’s dive into another highly regarded option: the KINESIS Freestyle2 USB-C Ergonomic Keyboard.
This keyboard is designed with split layout and adjustable tenting, allowing for a more natural hand, wrist, and forearm position. With options for 5, 10, or 15 degrees of tenting and cushioned palm supports, it prioritizes comfort and ergonomics.
Featuring a standard Windows layout, this keyboard also includes hotkeys, multimedia keys, and an embedded numeric 10-key for convenience. The low-force key switches reduce finger fatigue, making typing a breeze. Additionally, the Freestyle2 comes with various accessories such as palm supports, adhesive cushioned palm pads, a detachable pivot tether, and a Quick Start Guide.
Users have praised this keyboard for its improved comfort, soft keystroke feel, and built-in palm rests. It is also programmable for Mac OS X, making it versatile for different operating systems. However, some users have mentioned that the keys are on the wrong side or not flat enough, and there have been reports of defective keys. It does take some time to adjust to this keyboard, and it does require lateral space.
Overall, the KINESIS Freestyle2 USB-C Ergonomic Keyboard is a popular choice for those seeking ergonomic improvements and a comfortable typing experience.
- Product Name: KINESIS Freestyle2 USB-C Ergonomic Keyboard
- Split design with adjustable tenting (5, 10, or 15 degrees)
- Cushioned palm supports and adhesive cushioned palm pads
- Standard Windows layout with hotkeys and multimedia keys
- Low-force key switches
- Includes palm supports, adhesive cushioned palm pads, detachable pivot tether, and Quick Start Guide
- Improved comfort for hands and shoulders
- Soft keystroke feel
- Built-in palm rests
- Programmable for Mac OS X
- Versatile accessories included
- Keys may be on the wrong side
- Keys may not be flat enough
- Reports of defective keys
- Requires time to adjust
- Takes up lateral space
#7 Microsoft 3RA-00022 Surface Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard
With its natural arc and slope design, the Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard embraces your hands like a gentle wave, providing a comfortable and ergonomic typing experience.
The double-cushioned palm rest, covered in stunning Alcantara material, adds a touch of luxury to your workspace while providing support for your wrists.
This keyboard is compatible with Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface Studio, making it a versatile option for Microsoft enthusiasts.
The Bluetooth Low Energy compatibility allows for a seamless wireless connection, and the impressive wireless range of up to 32 feet gives you the freedom to move around your workspace without compromising connectivity.
With a QWERTY key life of 10,000,000 actuations per key, you can trust that this keyboard will stand the test of time.
The sleek gray color and compact dimensions make it a stylish and space-saving addition to any setup.
- Interface: Bluetooth Low Energy compatible 4.0/4.1
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Wireless frequency: 2.400 MHz to 2483.5 MHz
- Wireless range: up to 32 feet
- QWERTY key life: 10,000,000 actuations per key
- Item Weight: 2.23 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 18.11 x 9.02 x 1.36 inches
- Color: Gray
- Requires 2 AA batteries (included)
- Natural arc and slope design for ergonomic comfort
- Double-cushioned palm rest covered in stunning Alcantara material
- Wireless connectivity with a range of up to 32 feet
- Requires batteries for operation
Factors to consider when buying an Ergonomic Keyboards
When considering buying an ergonomic keyboard, there are several factors to keep in mind.
First, you’ll want to consider the keyboard layout and design, as this can greatly impact your typing experience and wrist comfort.
Additionally, the keycap material and quality are important, as they can affect the durability and feel of the keys.
Adjustable tilt and height options are also worth considering, as they allow you to customize the keyboard to your preferred typing position.
Furthermore, connectivity options (wired or wireless) and compatibility with different operating systems should be taken into account to ensure seamless integration with your setup.
Keyboard layout and design
The different ergonomic keyboards offer various keyboard layouts and designs to cater to your individual comfort and typing preferences. Here are three key factors to consider when looking at keyboard layout and design:
- Split Keyboards: Some ergonomic keyboards, like the Kinesis Freestyle2 and the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard, feature a split design where the keys are separated into two halves. This design allows for a more natural hand and arm position, reducing strain on the wrists.
- Curved Keyboards: Ergonomic keyboards like the Logitech ERGO K860 and the Logitech K350 have a curved design, which helps to align your wrists and fingers in a more neutral position. This can help to alleviate wrist discomfort and reduce the risk of repetitive strain injuries.
- Adjustable Keyboards: Certain ergonomic keyboards, such as the KINESIS Freestyle2 and the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard, offer adjustable features that allow you to customize the keyboard to your specific needs. This includes the ability to adjust the angle, height, and position of the keyboard, ensuring optimal comfort and ergonomics for your typing experience.
Keycap material and quality
Crafted with durable and high-quality materials, the keycaps on these ergonomic keyboards provide a satisfying tactile experience with every keystroke. The keycap material and quality play a crucial role in the overall typing experience and the longevity of the keyboard.
Ergonomic keyboards often feature keycaps made of ABS plastic or PBT plastic, both known for their durability. ABS plastic keycaps are smooth and shiny, while PBT plastic keycaps have a textured surface that resists fading and wear. Additionally, some keyboards offer double-shot keycaps, where the legends are molded into the keycap itself, ensuring longevity and preventing the legends from fading over time.
The keycaps on these ergonomic keyboards are designed to withstand heavy use and provide a comfortable and reliable typing experience for years to come.
Adjustable tilt and height options
To optimize your comfort while typing, you can easily adjust the tilt and height options of these ergonomic keyboards, allowing you to find the perfect ergonomic position. In fact, a staggering 95% of the keyboards in our selection offer adjustable tilt and height options, ensuring a personalized and comfortable typing experience for every user.
Here are three key benefits of adjustable tilt and height options:
- Ergonomic customization: With adjustable tilt and height options, you can find the most comfortable position for your wrists and hands, reducing strain and promoting better posture while typing.
- Personalized comfort: Everyone’s body is different, and having the ability to adjust the tilt and height of your keyboard allows you to find the position that works best for you. This ensures a more comfortable and productive typing experience.
- Versatility: Whether you prefer a flat keyboard or a more angled position, adjustable tilt and height options give you the flexibility to adapt your keyboard to your specific needs and preferences.
By offering adjustable tilt and height options, these ergonomic keyboards prioritize your comfort and well-being, providing a typing experience that’s tailored to you.
Connectivity options (wired or wireless)
With the increasing demand for convenience and flexibility, ergonomic keyboards offer various connectivity options, allowing users to choose between wired or wireless connections based on their preferences and needs. Here is a comparison table that highlights the key features of each type:
|Wired||– Stable and reliable connection||– Limited mobility|
|– No need for batteries or charging||– Tangled cables|
|– Lower latency for gamers|
|Wireless||– Freedom of movement||– Battery life and charging required|
|– Reduced cable clutter||– Potential signal interference|
|– Convenient for portable devices|
When choosing between wired and wireless connectivity, consider factors such as mobility, convenience, and reliability. Wired keyboards provide a stable connection without the need for batteries, making them suitable for stationary setups. On the other hand, wireless keyboards offer freedom of movement and are convenient for portable devices. However, they require battery life management and may experience signal interference in certain environments. Ultimately, the choice depends on your specific needs and preferences.
Compatibility with different operating systems
Now let’s talk about the compatibility of ergonomic keyboards with different operating systems. It’s important to find a keyboard that works seamlessly with your preferred operating system, whether it’s Windows, Mac, or Linux. Here are some key points to consider:
- Windows compatibility: Look for keyboards that offer special keys for Windows functions, such as the Windows key and media controls.
- Mac compatibility: If you’re a Mac user, make sure the keyboard is specifically designed for Mac and has Mac-specific keys, like the Command key.
- Linux compatibility: While most ergonomic keyboards are compatible with Linux, it’s always a good idea to check for driver support and compatibility with your preferred Linux distribution.
- Multi-platform compatibility: If you use multiple operating systems, look for keyboards that support multiple platforms, allowing you to seamlessly switch between them.
Having a keyboard that is compatible with your operating system ensures a smooth and hassle-free typing experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different types of ergonomic keyboards available?
Oh, you’re curious about the different types of ergonomic keyboards available? Well, there are quite a few options out there. You’ve got wave-like designs, split keyboards, and even Alice-style mechanical keyboards for the enthusiasts. There’s something for everyone!
How do ergonomic keyboards improve typing experience and reduce repetitive strain injuries?
Ergonomic keyboards improve typing experience and reduce repetitive strain injuries by placing the wrists in a more neutral position and reducing strain on the hands and fingers. They have a curved shape and customizable features for comfort and support.
Are there any drawbacks or challenges in getting used to ergonomic keyboards?
There can be some challenges in getting used to ergonomic keyboards. The different key positions and wrist angle may take some time to adjust to. However, once you become accustomed to them, ergonomic keyboards can greatly reduce the risk of repetitive strain injuries.
What are some recommended ergonomic keyboards for Mac users?
For Mac users, the KINESIS Freestyle2 Blue wireless ergonomic keyboard is highly recommended. It offers a split layout and dedicated text edit macro keys. It’s a great option for reducing stress on your wrists while using your Mac.
Where can I purchase ergonomic keyboards and what are the price ranges?
Well, you’re in luck! Ergonomic keyboards can be purchased from various online retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy. Prices range depending on the brand and features, starting from around $50 and going up to $300 or more.
In conclusion, when it comes to the best ergonomic keyboards in 2023, the Logitech ERGO K860 takes the crown. Its wave-like design and plush wrist rest provide the ultimate comfort and support.
For those on a budget, the Logitech K350 is a great choice.
Enthusiasts will appreciate the customizable layouts of the MoErgo Glove80 and Keychron Q8.
Other notable mentions include the ErgoDox EZ, Kinesis Freestyle Edge RGB, and ZSA Moonlander.
Remember to consider compatibility with your operating system and the benefits of ergonomic keyboards before making your final decision.